Gate Theatre Extension, Dublin
Scott Tallon Walker
The Gate Theatre was founded in 1928. The new wing was completed to mark its 80th anniversary.
GLF designed, manufactured and installed bi-modular curtain wall screens to the atrium spaces with interfaces to the historic structure. A bespoke suspended glass canopy was designed and installed above the main entrance of the protected structure. The canopy features walk-on glazing suspended on a matrix of 32mm Macalloy rods.
The project was highly commended by the Plan Expo / Opus awards 2010.